Expand your yoga practice with some breathing exercises. In this class we will talk about the 4th limb of yoga, Pranayama, and we'll practice different breathing techniques such as: Nadi Shodhana, Kumbhaka, Bhastrika and Star Breathing. We will also introduce the Bandhas and practice with these energy locks, Mula Bandha, Uddiyana Bandha and Jalandhara Bandha.
You might heard or read somewhere that yoga is more then just the asana practice. Classical yoga under Patanjali has 8 different limbs of Yoga, where asana is just 1/8 of Yoga.
- Yama: restraints (non-harming, non-lying, non-stealing...)
- Niyama: observances (cleanliness, contentment, intense discipline, self study...)
- Asana: steady posture (pose)
- Pranayama: energy control (breath)
- Pratyahara: withdrawal of the senses.
- Dharana: intense focus (on the breath, mantra...)
- Dhyana: state of meditation (focus on a object)
- Samadhi: state of oneness
The 4th limb of yoga, Pranayama are purification practices which also begin the purely internalised practice through which we can begin to experience physical and energetic balance.
Practicing these breathing exercises will purify your body and help expand your lung capacity, which will benefit your overal yoga practice.
The techniques of pranayama provide the method whereby the life force can be activated, and regulated, in order to go beyond normal boundaries or limitations and attain a higher state of vibratory energy and spiritual development.
About the class
- 90 min class.
- Class starts at 18:30.
- €15 for this special class.
- Maximum of 20 spots in the studio (be quick to reserve your spot).
- Healthy drinks and nibbles after class.
You can ONLY sign up through clients.MindBodyOnline.com for this class.
Lets take our yoga practice to another level! Hope to see you soon on Thursday October 15th. https://www.facebook.com/events/175214519485921/